Saturday, May 2, 2009

Sister Rosetta Goes Before Us (Sam Phillips)

Chords used: Am-E-A-Dm-F-Amaj7-F#m-Bm

Amaj7: x-0-2-1-2-0
F#m: x-4-4-2-2-2
Bm: 2-2-4-4-3-2



[Am]Strange things are happening [E]everyday
I hear the [A]music up above my [Dm]head
Though the [F]sight of my heart has [Am]left me again
I hear [E]music up a[Am]bove

[Am]Secrets are written [E]in the sky
Looks [A]like I've lost the love I've never [Dm]found
Though the [F]sound of hope has [Am]left me again
I hear [E]music up a[A]bove [Am]

[A]Standing in my broken heart [Amaj7]all night long
[F#m]Darkness held me like a friend when [D]love wore off
[A]Looking for the lamb that's hidden [Amaj7]in the cross
The finder's [F#m]lost [D]

[Bm]I [E]know I [A]loved you too [F#m]much
I'll go a[Bm]lone [E]to get [A]thro[Dm]ugh [E]

[Am] [E] [A] [Dm]
[F] [Am] [E] [Am]

[Am]I hear Rosetta singing [E]in the night
Echos of [A]light that shines like stars after they're [Dm]gone
And to[F]night she's my guide as I [Am]go on alone
With the [E]music up a[Am]bove

[E] [Am] [E] [Am]

Source