Monday, April 14, 2008

Waiting Round To Die (Townes Van Zandt)

Submitted by Minh

The lyrics on the second to last verse are a little different, and I think the 4th capo sounds right for this version. Unfortunately my ears may be big, but they don't have perfect pitch, so I could be wrong.

Chords used: Am-Dm-E



Capo 4th Fret

[Am]Well sometimes I don't know where this dirty [Dm]road is taking me
Some[Am]times I can't even see the reason [E]why
I [Am]guess I keep on gamblin', lots of [Dm]booze and lots of ramblin'
It's [Am]easier than just a-[E]waitin' 'round to [Am]die

[Am]One-time friends I had a ma, I [Dm]even had a pa
He [Am]beat her with a belt once cause she [E]cried
She [Am]told him to take care of me, she headed [Dm]down to Tennessee
It's [Am]easier than just a-[E]waitin' 'round to [Am]die

[Am]I came of age and found a girl in a [Dm]Tuscaloosa bar
She [Am]cleaned me out and hit it on the [E]sly
I [Am]tried to kill the pain, I bought some [Dm]booze and hopped a train
Seemed [Am]easier than just a-[E]waitin' 'round to [Am]die

[Am]A friend said he knew where some [Dm]easy money was
We [Am]robbed a man and brother did we [E]fly
The [Am]posse caught up with me, drug me [Dm]back to Muskogee
It's [Am]two long years, just a-[E]waitin' 'round to [Am]die

[Am]Now I'm out of prison, I got [Dm]me a friend at last
He [Am]don't drink or steal or cheat or [E]lie
His [Am]name's codine, he's the [Dm]nicest thing I've seen
To[Am]gether we're gonna [E]wait around to [Am]die
[Am]Well together we’re gonna [E]wait around… [Am]

1 comment:

TheDude said...

Hey. Just stumbled onto your site. Great work. Re: Waitin' 'Round to Die . . . I'm liking the Em instead of the E. Give it a try, sounds "more right" to me. Thanks.