Monday, January 5, 2009

Finally (The Frames)

Chords Used: Bm-D-G-F#m-Em-A

Bm: 2-2-4-4-3-2
F#m: 2-4-4-3-2-2 (he seems to be playing a different chord, but can’t quite figure it out… in the meantime, this sounds okay).

Live solo version by Glen Hansard:



Did you [Bm]fall on your [D]way
It's a [G]long way [F#m]down
Welcome [Bm]back to your [D]place
I hope you [G]know it [F#m]now
'Cause it's [Bm]true what you [D]say
We're the [G]wrong way [F#m]round

And the [Em]lie that cut the [A]worst
Has been re[Em]solved, then re[A]versed

Fina[G]lly.. Finally… Final[F#m]ly…
Final[G]ly… Finally...

Ah come [Bm]on.. show the [D]way
Where are you [G]running [F#m]now.
Is it [Bm]lack of re[D]straint
Has you [G]turning [F#m]round.

And I [Em]know, were both the [A]same
You played your [Em]part, so your part to [A]blame

When you [Bm]want something so much,
It's drawing [G]trouble on your [F#m]life
And when you [Bm]lost something so good
It's hard to [G]focus on what's [F#m]right

Instrumental:
[Bm] [D] [G] [F#m]

And in the [Em]end what hurt the [A]worst
Has been re[Em]solved and then re[A]versed
And I [D]know its not what you [A]said
It's like the [Em]letter I just sat and [A]read

Final[G]ly… Finally… Final[F#m]ly… [line 4x]

When you [Bm]found something so good,
It's drawing [G]trouble on your [F#m]life
And when you [Bm]lost something so good
It's hard to [G]focus on what's [F#m]right

I [G]love it so far… I love it so far… I [F#m]love it so far…
I [G]love it so far… I love it so far… I [F#m]love it so far… [G]


(Note: Before I looked it up, I he was saying "I'm laughing so far..." at the end... which i kind of like better.)

Another version with the whole band and a pretty violin solo:

No comments: