Monday, January 12, 2009

Guaranteed (Eddie Vedder)

Favorite song of the moment. From the Into the Wild soundtrack.

Chords used: G-Bm-G7-C/E-D-Dsus2

G: 3-5-5-4-3-3 (the basic G works too if you want)
Am7: 0-0-2-0-1-0
Dsus2: 0-0-0-2-3-0
Dsus*: 0-0-0-2-3-4 (not sure real name of this chord)



[G] [Bm] [G7] [Am7]
[C] [G] [D] [Dsus2] [D]

[G]On bended knee is no [Bm]way to be free
[G7]Lifting up an empty cup, I [Am7]ask silently
[C]All my destinations will ac[G]cept the one that's me
So [D]I can breathe [Dsus2] [D] [Dsus*]

[G]Circles they grow and they [Bm]swallow people whole
[G7]Half their lives they say goodnight to [Am7]wives they'll never know
A [C]mind full of questions, and a [G]teacher in my soul
And [D]so it goes [Dsus2] [D] [Dsus*]

[G]Don't come closer or [Bm]I'll have to go
[G7]Holding me like gravity are [Am7]places that pull
If [C]ever there was someone to [G]keep me at home
It [D]would be you [Dsus2] [D]

[G]Everyone I come across, in [Bm]cages they bought
[G7]They think of me and my wandering, but I'm [Am7]never what they thought
[C]I've got my indignation, but I'm [G]pure in all my thoughts
I'm [D]alive [Dsus2] [D]

[G]Wind in my hair, I feel [Bm]part of everywhere
[G7]Underneath my being is a [Am7]road that disappeared
[C]Late at night I hear the trees, they're [G]singing with the dead
[D]Overhead... [Dsus2] [D]

[G]Leave it to me as I [Bm]find a way to be
[G7]Consider me a satellite, for[Am7]ever orbiting
[C]I knew all the rules, but the [G]rules did not know me
[D]Guaranteed [Dsus2] [D] [Dsus*]

[G] [Bm][G7] [Am7]
[C] [G] [D] [Dsus2] [D] [Dsus*] [D]

No comments: