Monday, January 5, 2009

The Fourth Wise Man (Willie Nelson feat. Stephen Colbert)

Chords Used: C-G-G7-F

G7: 3-2-0-0-0-1



I have no money in my [C]coffer
No gold or silver do I [G]bring
Nor have I precious jewels to [G7]offer
To celebrate the newborn [C]king

Yet do not spurn my gift com[C]pletely
Oh ye three wise men please de[G]mur
Behold the plant that smokes more [G7]sweetly
Than either frankincense or [C]mir

And like the child born in this [F]manger
This herb is mild yet it is [C]strong
And it brings peace to friend and [G7]stranger
Goodwill to men lies in this [C]bong

And now my wonder weed is [C]flaring (Are you high?)
Just like the special star a[G]bove (Can it be?)
Let’s sit around in endless [G7]sharing (On Christmas day)
And let not mankind bogart [C]love (You’d smoke my tree)

And the wise men started [F]tokin
And yay the bud was [C]kind
It was salvation they were [G7]smokin
And his forgiveness blew their [C]mind

And still that wonder weed is [C]flaring (Are you high?)
Just like that star was once a[G]bove (You’re so high)
Let’s sit around in endless [G7]sharing (Dude man, dude)
And let not mankind bogart [C]love (You’re really high, I’m gonna tell your savior)
And let not mankind bogart [C]love...

No comments: