Saturday, January 24, 2009

You Are What You Love (Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins)

Chords use: Bm-Em-A-D



Capo 3

[Bm] [Em] [A] [D] x2

[Bm]This is no great ilEm]lusion
When [A]I'm with you I'm looking for a [D]ghost
Or [Bm]invisible [Em]reasons
To fall [A]out of love and run screaming from our [D]home

[D]Because we live in a house of mirrors
We [G]see our fears and everything
Our [Em]songs, faces, and [A]second hand clothes

But [D]more and more we're suffering
Not [G]nobody, not a thousand beers
Will [Em]keep us from feeling [A]so all alone

But you [Em]are what you [A]love
And [D]not what loves you [G]back
That's why I'm [Em]here on your doorstep
[A]Pleading for you to take me [D]back [G] [D]

The [Bm]phone is a fine in[Em]vention
It al[A]lows me to talk endlessly to [D]you
About [Bm]nothing disguising my [Em]intentions
Which I'm [A]afraid, my friend, are wildly un[D]true

It's a [D]sleight of hand, a white soul band
The [G]heart attacks I'm convinced I have
Every [Em]morning upon [A]waking
To you I'm a [D]symbol or a monument
Your [G]rite of passage to fulfillment
But [Em]I'm not yours for the [A]taking

But you [Em]are what you [A]love
And [D]not what loves you [G]back
So I [Em]guess that's why you [A]keep calling me [D]back [G] [D]

[Em] [A] [D] [G] [D]

[D]I'm fraudulent, a thief at best
A [G]coward who paints a bullshit canvas
[Em]Things that will never [A]happen to me
But [D]at arms length, it's Tim who said
I'm [G]good at it, I've mastered it
A[Em]voiding, avoiding [A]everything

But you [Em]are what you [A]love Tim
And [D]not what loves you [G]back

And I'm in [Em]love with illusions
So [A]saw me in half
I'm in [Em]love with tricks
So [A]pull another rabbit out of your [D]hat [G] [D]

No comments: