Saturday, February 21, 2009

Dark End of the Street (Percy Sledge)

Chords used: G-F#m-Em-C-G#-Gm-C#-D#

G: 3-5-5-4-3-3
F#m: 2-4-4-2-2-2
G#: 4-6-6-5-4-4
Gm: 3-5-5-3-3-3
C#: 9-11-11-10-9-9
D#: 11-13-13-12-11-11



At the [G]dark end [F#m]of the [Em]street
That is [G]where we [F#m]always [Em]meet
Hiding in [G]shadows where we [C]don't be[G]long
Living in [C]darkness, to [D]hide a[G]lone

[C]You and [G]me, at the [C]dark end [D]of the [G]street
[C]You and [G]me

I know that [G]time has gonna [F#m]take it's [Em]toll
We have to [G]pay for the [F#m]love we [Em]stole
It's a [G]sin and we [C]know it's [G]wrong
Oh, our [C]love keeps [D]going on [G]strong

[C]Steal a[G]way to the [C]dark end [D]of the [G]street
[C]You and [G]me

They’re gonna [G]find us, they gonna [F#m]find us
They’re gonna [Em]find us [C]love some[G]day

C]You and [G]me, at the [C]dark end [D]of the [G]street
[C]You and [G]me

When the [G#]daylight [Gm]all goes [Fm]around
And by [G#]chance we're [Gm]both down the [Fm]town
Please [G#]meet, just [C#]walk, walk on [G#]by
Oh, [C#]darling, [D#]please don't you [G#]cry

Tonight we [G#]meet at the [C#]dark end [D#]of the [G#]street
[C#]You and [G#]me


version from The Commitments (capo 1)



Source

No comments: