Sunday, February 22, 2009

Make Me A Pallet On The Floor (Mississippi John Hurt)

Chords used: F-C-E7-G



[F] [C] [F] [C]
[E7] [F] [C] [G] [C]

Chorus:
[F]Make me down a pallet on your [C]floor
[F]Make me down [C]
Make [E7]me a pallet, [F]down soft and low
Make [C]me a [G]pallet on your [C]floor

[Chords]

Up the [F]country while the cold sleetin' [C]snow
Goin' up the [F]country while the cold sleetin' [C]snow
I'm [E7]goin' up the country while the [F]cold sleetin' snow
No [C]telling just how much [G]further I may [C]go

[Chorus then Chords]

Don’t you let [F]my good gal catch you [C]here
Please don't you [F]let my good gal catch you [C]here
Yes, [E7]she might shoot you, might [F]cut and stomp you too
No [C]tellin' what [G]she might [C]do

[Chorus]

Make [F]it close behind the [C]door
Make it [F]baby close behind the [C]door
Make [E7]it sweet baby [F]close behind the door
Make [C]it where no[G]body will never [C]go

[Chords then Chorus]

1 comment:

Comrade Paul said...

did you see the version in the Acoustic Guitar mag May, 2011? Had a very interesting version.

A7, E
Make me a pallet on your floor
A7, E
Make me a pallet on your floor
E(2), B7
If I reach Atlanta
A7
Got not place to go
E(2),B7, E
Make me a Pallet on your floor