Friday, February 20, 2009

Take Em Away (Old Crow Medicine Show)

Chords used: D-G-A



Chorus:
[D]Take em away, [G]take em away, Lord
[D]Take away these [A]chains from me
[D]My heart is broken cause my [G]spirit’s not free
[D]Lord take away these [A]chains from [D]me

[D]Some birds’ feathers are too [G]bright to be caged
[D]I know I’m not that colorful but a [A]bird just the same
[D]Open up your gate now, let me [G]put down my load
[D]So I can feel at ease and go [A]back to my [D]home

[Chorus]

[D]Sun beatin down, my legs [G]can’t seem to stand
[D]There’s a boss man at a turnrow with a [A]rifle in his hand
[D]I’ve got nine child, [G]nothin’ in the pan
[D]My wife she died hungry while I was [A]plowin [D]land

[Chorus]

[D] [G] [D] [A]
[D] [G] [D] [A] [D]

[D]Can’t see when I go to work, [G]can’t see when I get off
[D]How do you expect a man [A]not to get lost
[D]Every year I just keep getting [G]deeper in debt
[D]If there’s a happy day, Lord, I [A]haven’t seen one [D]yet

[Chorus]

[D]Land that I love is the [G]land that I’m workin
[D]But it’s hard to love it all the time when your [A]back is a-hurtin
[D]Gettin too old now to [G]push this here plow
[D]Please let me lay down so I can [A]look at the [D]clouds

[Chorus]

[D] [G] [D] [A]
[D] [G] [D] [A] [D]

[D]Land that I know is where [G]two rivers collide
[D]The Brazos the Navaso and the [A]big blue sky
[D]Flood plains, freight trains, [G]watermelon vines
[D]Of any place on God’s green earth, this is [A]where I choose to [D]die

[Chorus]

Source

No comments: