Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Closer To You (Brandi Carlile)

Chords used: G-C-Em-D-Am



4th fret

INTRO [G] [G] [C] [C]

It's [G]hard to let the [D]miles pass me [Em]by
[D]Ye[G]llow [Am]lines that blend to[G]gether in my [D]eyes
And [Am]when the seasons [G]change again then [D]I [G]will [C]too
But [Am]I just want to [G]be [D]closer to [G]you

[G]I'm staring out at [D]endless rows of [Em]green
[D]There [G]are [Am]miles of hay [G]like I have never [D]seen
Just [Am[when you think you've [G]had enough and
your [D]dreams [G]come [C]true
[Am]I just want to [G]be [D]closer to [G]you

Chorus:
[Am]My mind [G]wanders through [C]all that I've been hiding from
[Am]I tried [G]not to let you [C]down
[Am]Now I [G]wonder if [C]I've been doin' something wrong
[Am]Help me get my [G]feet back on the [C]gro...[Am]ou….[D]nd [G]

[G]Tomorrow I'll be [D]lying under [Em]you
[D]With [G]a [Am]heart of gold and [G]arms to fall in[D]to
I [Am]know that there might [G]come a day
where [D]my [G]life is [C]through
But [Am]I just want to [G]be [D]closer to [G]you

[Chorus]

[G]Someday we might [D]learn to tell the [Em]truth
[D]We [G]might [Am]even find the [G]fountains of our [D]youth
[Am]We all needed some[G]thing real we [D]all [G]need [C]proof
[Am]I just want to [G]be [D]closer to [Em]you
[Am]I know I want to [G]be [D]closer to [G]you

Source

No comments: