Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Long Way Home (Tom Waits)

Chords used: A-A7-F#m-D

F#m: 2-4-4-2-2-2



capo 1

[A]Well I stumbled in the darkness
I'm lost and alone
Though I said I'd go before us
And [A7]show the way back [F#m]home
There a [D]light up a[E]head
I [A]can't hold on very [D]long
For[A]give me pretty baby but I [E]always take the long way [A]home

[A]Money's just something you throw
Off the back of a train
Got a head full of lightning
A [A7]hat full of [F#m]rain
And I [D]know that I [E]said
I'd [A]never do it a[D]gain
And I [A]love you pretty baby but I [E]always take the long way [A]home

[A]I put food on the table
And a roof overhead
But I'd trade it all tomorrow
For the [A7]highway in[F#m]stead
Watch your [D]back, keep your eyes shut [E]tight
Your [A]love's the only thing I've ever [D]known
One thing for [A]sure pretty baby I [E}always take the long way [A]home

[E]mmmmm, [A]mmmmm, [D]mmmmm, [E]mmmmm

[E]You know I love you [A]baby
More than the whole wide world
You’re my woman
I [A7]know you are my [F#m]pearl
Let's go [D]out past the party [E]lights
Where [A]we can finally be a[D]lone
Come with [A]me...and [E]we can take the long way [A]home
Mm mm [D]mmm, come with [A]me, together
[E]we can take the long way [A]home
Mm mm [D]mmm, come with [A]me, together
[E]we can take the long way [A]home
[D] [A] [E] [A]

covered by Norah Jones:



covered by German Joe Pesci with backup cigarettes and spoons:




No comments: