Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Oh My Sweet Carolina (Ryan Adams)

Chords used: C-F-G-Am



Capo 2

[C]I went down to Houston and I [F]stopped in San An[C]tone
I [C]passed up the station for the [G]bus
Was [F]trying to find me [C]something but I [Am]wasn't sure just [F]what
Man I [C]ended up with [G]pockets full of [C]dust

So [C]I went on to Cleveland and I [F]ended up in[C]sane
[C]Bought a borrowed suit and learned to [G]dance
I was [F]spendin' [C]money like the [Am]way it likes to [F]rain
Man I [C]ended up with [G]pockets full of [C]cane

Chorus:
Oh my [Am]swe-[F]eet Caro[C]lina, [Am]what com[F]pels me to [G]go
Oh my [Am]swe-[F]eet dispo[C]sition
May you [Am]one day [G]carry me [F]home [C]

I [C]ain't never been to Vegas but I [F]gambled all my [C]life
Building [C]newsprint boats I raced to sewer [G]mains
[F]Trying to find me [C]something but I [Am]wasn't sure just [F]what
[C]Funny how [G]some things never [C]change

[Chorus]

[Am] [F] [C] [Am] [F] [G] (x2)

[C]Up here in the city, it feels like [F]things are closin' [C]in
The [C]sunset's just my light bulb burning [G]out
[F]I miss Kentucky and I [C]miss my [Am]famil[F]y
All the [C]sweetest winds they [G]blow across the [C]south

Oh my [Am]swe-[F]eet Caro[C]lina, [Am]what com[F]pels me to [G]go
Oh my [Am]swe-[F]eet dispo[C]sition
May you [Am]one day [G]carry me [F]home
May you [Am]one day [G]carry me [C]home
[Am] [G] [C] [F]
[Am] [G] [C]



Source

No comments: